Bitcoin and online poker gambling is like a match made in heaven. On the one hand, is the mental prowess required to play online poker, while on the other hand, Bitcoin offers an unmatched level of anonymity, allowing players to enjoy their favorite poker under the radar.
If you’re an experienced punter living in Canada, chances are that you have a hint of how Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are used for online payments. But if you’re a new player, chances are that you have a limited scope as to how real-money poker sites in Canada could accept this form of payment.
In this article, our team of researchers has compiled an in-depth guide on how you can play poker with bitcoin.
5 Best Bitcoin Poker Rooms in Canada
|Casino Name||Welcome Bonus Details||Promo Code|
|King Billy Casino||200% Up to CA$1500 + 200 Free Spins.||2nd Deposit- WELCOME 2
3rd Deposit- WELCOME 3
4th Deposit-WELCOME 4
|PlayAmo||100% Up to CA$300
+ 150 Free Spins.
|LuckyDays Casino||$1500 for Free + 100 Free Spins.||Automatic|
|7Bit Casino||C$500 or 5 BTC + 100 Free Spins||Automatic|
|BitStarz Casino||100% Up to $400 or 1 BTC
+ 180 Free Spins.
Poker Games You’ll Find at the Best Bitcoin Poker Site
Canadian players have plenty of bitcoin poker Canada games to play, with the most popular one being Texas Hold’em games, and more specifically, the No-Limit Texas Hold’em variant. There are also the lottery-style contests and fast-fold poker, all of which provide plenty of fun and winning opportunities.
For the adventurous punters, there’s also Limit Hold’em, Pot Limit Omaha, Seven Card Stud, and even 6+ Hold’em.
Is Bitcoin Poker Legal?
Generally, Bitcoin gambling is legal as it is not specifically targeted as an illegal activity. With that said, however, some players may not be able to play bitcoin poker in countries where the internet is restricted or Bitcoin is restricted from being a payment option.
More specifically, Canadian punters are free to play in offshore bitcoin poker sites, as online casinos are not licensed by The Federal Government of Canada. In fact, the Canadian gambling market operates under a legal grey area, as there aren’t any laws allowing or prohibiting online gaming. As such, lawyers have argued for a long time that Canucks aren’t breaking any laws by gambling at offshore casinos.
With that in mind, however, the regional provinces in Canada provinces are allowed to regulate gambling at the regional level. For this reason, the local provinces have laws about online gambling and websites. Alberta, Quebec, and British Columbia, for example, all allow card and slot games, with Maritime Provinces and Saskatchewan only permitting lottery games.
How To Play Poker With Bitcoin?
As a new player, playing Bitcoin on real-money poker sites may seem a bit complicated. But worry not as we will walk you through the entire process.
- Start the process by registering on a Crypto Exchange Platform and set up a Bitcoin wallet.
- Once you’ve verified your details, proceed to top up your Bitcoin wallet to receive the coins. Next, transfer the coins from the Exchange Platform to your wallet.
- Pick your favorite cryptocurrency poker site from our list and sign up for an account using the laid down procedures.
- To deposit your Bitcoins from the wallet to the poker sites, log into your casino account and hit the cashier’s/ deposits section.
- Select Bitcoin from the available list of payment methods
- Key in the number of bitcoins you want to transfer and copy your unique address or scan it via QR code.
- Head to the Bitcoin wallet and input the amount you want to send to your poker site and hit confirm.
- The funds will reflect almost instantly in your poker account or take a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Have fun at the table. Alternatively, you start with the free bitcoin poker games if available to build your confidence before you can start playing for real money.
Crypto Poker: Advantages of Playing Online Poker Bitcoin
Many Canadian players wouldn’t be flocking to Bitcoin casinos en masse without a reason, meaning there are compelling reasons. Among the benefits of Bitcoin casinos are:
- Avoidance of government bureaucracies.
- Faster transaction timeframes.
- Reasonable fees.
- Complete control over your own funds
And that brings us to the end of this comprehensive guide. By now, we hope you have the prerequisite knowledge on how you can use Bitcoin in Canadian online poker sites. And although it may seem a bit challenging in the initial stages, everything will become easier as time progresses. And since it can be challenging to choose the best Bitcoin poker sites in Canada, we hope our list will make your decision less hectic.